Born: 1961, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Present Position :
Dean, Faculty of Fine Art, University of Dhaka.
Professor , Department of Drawing & Painting,
University of Dhaka.
Visiting Professor, University of Development Alternative, Dhaka.
B.F.A : 1981, Department of Drawing & Painting, University of Dhaka.
M.F.A : 1985, Department of Painting, Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, India.
Specialization on :
Contemporary Painting & Folk Painting of Bangladesh.
- ‘Folk Painting’, Published in Lala Rukh Salim edited Art and Craft (Cultural survey of Bangladesh, Voll-8). Pubished by Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, 2007, Dhaka.
- ‘Zainul Abedin’, Published in Lala Rukh Salim edited Art and Craft (Cultural survey of Bangladesh, Voll-8). Pubished by Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, 2007, Dhaka.
- ‘Laxmi Sara of Vikrampur and Dohar’, Published in Sanjida Khatun edited Bangladesher Hridoy Hote, 1414 (2007), Dhaka.
- “The Art that thrived through the mediation of the Kumbhakars”, Published in Depart, Volium-1,2,3, (2010 to 2012).
- Acharya Samprodey O Vikrampurer Patachitra, (Acharya community and the Pat Painting of Vikrampurer) Published in “Charukala” edited by Dr. Soheni Dhar, Rajya Charukala Parsad, Gov. of West Bengal India.
Lecture & Seminar Paper :
- “Ritualistic Folk Paintings of Bangladesh”. Organized By Whitechapel Gallery, London 2017
- “Zainul Abedin and his influences on the Modarn Art of Bangladesh”. Organized By Bangladesh Shilpokala Academy Dhaka-2002
- “Form and Space”,Organized By Biswa Sahitta Kendra (World literatur Center), Dhaka-2003 & 2005
- “Bangladesher ei Somoyer Loko Chitrakala”. Organized By Rajya Charukala Parsad, Kolkata, India & Kala Bhavana, Visva Bharati India-2012.
- “Garman influences on art & literature of Bangladesh”, Organized By Bengali community of Germany-2007, Hanovar conference 2007
- Conference of the ICH committee of UNESCO, Addisababa, Ethupia – 2016.
“Portrait of the Killer” at Gallery21, Dhaka, Bangladesh – 2001 .
Major Group Exhibitions :
Zimbabwe-1990, India-1994, Germany-1998, Srilanka-1999,
Denmark-2002, USA-2009, Japan-2011, Srilanka-2012 & 2013.
Art Camp & Workshop :
National & International Art Camps/Workshops : India-1984, 2014, Srilanka- 1999, 2011 & Bangladesh-1997, 2005, 2013, 2016.
Professor Dept. of Drawing & Painting.
Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Dhaka.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org